Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Kirksville, Missouri 63501

Okay, here is the big update...
We basically new we were moving to Kirksville, Missouri in like December. Well, the time kept approaching, it kept coming, and then finally, it was like July and we needed to start packing. Brad brought boxes home a little at a time and I packed a little at a time. All of sudden...we had to start packing a lot more than a "little at at time". Here is a pic of Chloe. We needed a safe place for her while we were packing and the laundry basket was perfect. She really liked it.
on August 9th we rolled out of Cresthill Cir for the last time with the knowledge that we had 1200 miles to drive. Mom and I drove the little car with Chloe and my dad and Brad drove the truck. We made it to North Platte the first day by 9pm. We slept hard and then got up at 6 to get on the road. The second day we stopped at Winter Quarters and saw the church site and the new temple. It was a nice break from the car. Chloe really was an angel. My mom and listened to Harry Potter most of the way (surprisingly we only got through 4 CD's) and sang to Chloe and chatted. The drive seemed pretty fast until about 60 miles outside of Kirksville. Chloe was just done. We pulled up to our new home at about 9 pm. The original plan was to sleep there, but we decided, unanimously, to just go to a hotel and sleep well and start early in the morning. This was a good plan because my mom and I managed to avoid lots of the unpacking because we went to Wallmart and bought some stuff. This is us in our new place.
Mom and dad's help was priceless. Here is picture of the kitchen nook. Mom is sewing a pillow I made some time ago but never finished. She also sewed the bathroom curtains, kitchen curtains, and we picked some curtains for chloe's room. She made sure the mirrors were clean and the rugs were vacuumed. She made us yummy desert and fried chicken and made sure I got all the good cleaning supplies from Walmart...you know, all the "mom stuff" that makes you feel taken care of and makes your realize that you need to start doing the "mom stuff" on your own.

Dad and Brad put together all the IKEA stuff. Don't ask Brad about the ease of assembling IKEA furniture unless he is in good spirits. I guess there are lots of unlabled boards and parts and 85 screws that go "somewhere". Brad was a trooper. The 2 of them never sat down it seemed and they got the place in shape in no time.
Thanks Mom and Dad!This is the living room. Everything in this room is new, except for the pictures. Crazy after 3 years of marriage we never owned a tv or living room furniture. We like this room. It is oh so comfy.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

YAY!!! the house looks sooooo super cute! I love the picture of Chloe in the laundry basket, how funny. Yeah, that ikea stuff can be killer. Best to do it when you have some pent up frustrations to take out....gets the hammering part done much faster!

Brooke said...

Yay! You made it!! Missouri looks great, as does your house. I hope you feel right at home soon.

Lindsay said...

I can not believe how big Chloe has gotten! She is so adorable!! Ikea furniture basically sucks! We had no idea how many screws and pieces they would have. Eric put one of the pieces on our TV stand backwards so we had to take the top off and and unscrew a million screws!! Never again. Your house is awesome! Congrats on the doctor jacket! I can't even believe it!!!!