Last night i was watching Cars (the movie) and a part of the movie prompted this next post.
There is a part at the end when the cars are racing at a big event-like oh say, the Daytona 500.
When I was 19 my family went to Florida and we went to the Dayton 500 race track. It was pretty incredible. The track is actually pretty vertical. There are parts of the track that are as tall as a 40 story building ( if i remember right). The cars drive so fast so they keep upright on the steep angles. Pretty incredible to see and pretty fun to recall that experience.
So, here's my top 10 list of very very random places I've been-places that make me or others say "you've been where?" Leave a comment telling me where you've been that's pretty random-or where you'd like to go that's pretty random-or if you've been to one of my random places. Fun starts HERE!
1. Dayton 500 race track
2. The Jelly Belly Factory in California
3. The beach and town where Goonies was filmed. Yes, I've seen the rock that fits into the Dubloon that Mikey finds.
4. followed the Pony Express trail and first saw nudity (from a distance) skinny dippers in the mud pools somewhere along the trail.
5. Toured Prince Edward Island, CANADA where Anne of Green Gables was set. "Ruby sand, Emerald grasses, and azure skies."
6. White water rafted in the Andes Mountains with mists and snow falling all around.
7. Laughlin, Nevada. It's pretty much a lamer version of Las Vegas with the age range about 70-90.
8. The Price is Right game show.
9.Took the train (yes! the train!) from San Diego to Tijuana Mexico. For some reason we thought this would save us time and money.
10. The Shoshone, Idaho community fair where I was a participant in the main event-Pig wrestling.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Great idea! I'm going to have to think about it for awhile. I'm pretty sure I've been some unique places but can't think of many right now.
Jelly belly factory...with you. White water rafted in the Andes...with you. You forgot skydiving...that was something awesome you have done. I have ridden a camel in Egypt. Great post Mel...it was fun to see the places you have been.
I've never been to the Jelly Belly factory even though we drove by there every time on the way to the temple.
I've been on a helicopter ride into the hills on Hawaii where Jurassic Park was filmed.
I've been to the top of Washington Monument and the Statue of Liberty and in the White House.
That is really cool that you went to the Andes.
Where exactly does the Pony Express trail run?
I remember visiting random ghost towns with mom & dad. I don't even remember their names. My most random place is on the back of an elephant in Thailand.
Happy Birthday to You, Happy Birthday to You, Happy Birthday Dear Melanie...Happy Birthday to YOU :) I hope you have a FABULOUS day today. I will try calling you later. Love Ya.
Happy Birthday to You, Happy Birthday to You, Happy Birthday Dear Melanie...Happy Birthday to YOU :)
We've been to Argentina together!
Do tell about the pig wrestling. I just can't picture that.
Post a Comment