Saturday, August 8, 2009

30!

30 brownies.
30 ones.- A serious wad of well deserved cash
30 ROCKS!!
     Searching for 30 surprises.
30 "presents"
  "30" smiling on his birthday.
and "30" out to dinner with his little wife.
It was like Christmas for me waiting for this big birthday to get here. He is such a good one to do surprises for and free things for. Chloe was more excited about the birthday than ever. For about a week before she talked about "her birthday" and whenever I tried to get her to keep a secret about something I'd planned for the birthday she would whisper and tell Brad the secret and then say, "it's a secret". But I was able to keep the Dan's chocolate donuts a secret that my sister shipped for us to have on the birthday morning. Chloe was so excited about it all-especially the balloons. FYI-I had an artistic vision of 30 yellow balloons but instead he got 3-one for each decade. balloons are not cheap. And not pictured was a pillow case I made for him with a number 3 on it to represent 3 decades. This guys LOVES his pillow so what better way to remind him of how much we love him than by a pillowcase.  He's the cutest guy I know. 

THE BIG EXPERIMENT. It was kind of unfortunate that we started our big experiment a couple of days ago which was to turn off our cellphones. He didn't get as many birthday texts and loves as he would've if he had his cellphone turned on. So, we begin the grand experiment of having no cell phones!! I will email people with our home phone number.

14 comments:

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Brad! NO cell phones, Wow. You guys are livin on the edge.

aimee said...

Happy 30th B-rad!!! I hope you had a great birthday.
Mel, you did awesome on making the big 30 special---you are a good wife.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

aimee said...

btw---i miss texting you already

Anonymous said...

Mel What a cute Idea...way to be a #1 Wife!!!

Amanda and Miles said...

Happy Birthday Brad! what cute ideas for making his day special Mel. We went the other way with the phones. We got rid of our home line.

Jenny said...

Happy 30th Brad. And Mel you are the awesomest for doing so much for him.

And wow you are brave to go without cell phones. I think I would die.

Brimaca said...

You are so good about b-days! I stink at them. I need to work on it. The sewing machine story was great!

Megan said...

You are so funny, Melanie. Venna asked me where Chloe was today. I miss seeing you at the TCC every morning.
Oh, and Happy Birthday, Brad!

Megan said...

Hi Mel! Long time no see! It was great to catch up and read what you've been up to over the last few months. Congrats on your pregnancy! And little chloe is getting so big, I can't even believe it. She's such a cutie. I remember when we had a baby shower for you back in the day... It seems like yesterday. Oh well, the time goes by so quickly. Whenever you're in UT, let me know. It would be fun to see you. xoxo...

Mandy said...

cute ideas Mel, your always doing such fun things. Tell Brad happy birthday for us! We love you guys and miss you tons.

6deans said...

I am so glad you were able to keep the donut a secret...Nothing like a Dunford donut on your bday. You are such a fun wife and always doing such creative things for Brad...he is one LUCKY husband. Love ya :)

Amber Draper said...

That is so cute! You make me excited for my 30th birthday next year!

Sarah said...

Mel, I'm glad you've joined our no cell phone clan--even if it is just our two fams in it together:)
Brad, Happy Birthday from us!! You are still the most in shape guy I know, 30 or not.
Great job on the birthday--it looks like so much fun! Is that 30 Rock season 2? Oh man, I wish we could watch it with you guys!
The brownies look yummy, too. Maybe I'll do that for Matt.

Marianne and Matt said...

What a cute little wife you are!! Makes me think I should have done a little more for my husbands 30th! I am glad you guys got to go out together. Also I love your post below, the funnel cake story is just hilarious!