We've driven past this door hundreds of times and we finally stopped for some pictures.
Look at the lines and textures and colors. Love.
The evolution of the old shirt dress. I post these creations here to tell you that you could totally make one of these. And I want Ruthie to see that I am applying the sewing tips she gives me (gathering in this case) 1. All you do is get an old shirt (its not that I'm totally tied to these old shirts but they're laying around, no trip to the fabric store, and this one in particular had the softest, nicest feel to it) 2. Lay the shirt down and then find another dress you like and lay it over and make a pattern of sorts (I draw right on the material which is probably totally wrong to do but it eliminates a step) You'll have to make it longer if she's outgrown the dress you are tracing (as is the case with mine) The beauty is that you already have the buttons from the shirt so she can get in an out. Also, you can choose to have the buttons in the front or the back. I did the front in this case. I made just a tank part this time then added a 3 inch band at the waist and then made a gathered skirt and then attached the gathered skirt to the tank part I made. Then whipped a little matching headband. Voila.
The pumpkin patch was so perfect this year.
5 comments:
So Cute! Mel you are so crafty and you take some really good pictures. I hope one day I can be as awesome as you.Maybe you should move back to Utah so you can teach me some life skills. :)
Very impressive with your domestic skills. Love the pics of the pumpkin patch...so, so cute =)
I need you to teach me too. :) And I love those jump things. So fun.
We also went to a farm that had one of those tarp jumping things...it was awesome!! Calvin loved it especially! Chloe is growing up so much, can't believe it's the same little girl we love so much!
Ahhhh! I can't believe how big the kids are getting! I can't believe that EZ is going to be 1 in a week! When did that happen? Chloe is so big and beautiful. Love seeing pictures of you guys! We love and miss you guys!
Post a Comment