"Are both kids in bed?"
Brad says, "umm...Ezra is actually and Chloe is still sitting on the couch where you left her."
Then he started to tell the tale that every girl learns at one point or another. The tale of the 25 cent comb and the tragic part of the tale where every girls learns that you can never, ever twist or curl those combs in your hair cuz...they get stuck!
So Poor Brad. This is what he had to deal with the entire time I was gone. Kiddingly, he said to me," I'll bet you'll never leave the kids home with me again!" Actually, he did get EZ to sleep without me nursing him so that was awesome and he spent 1.5 hours actually making progress on getting this comb out so that was awesome, too. He had the big chunks in front freed by my arrival. The first thing they did was a have a prayer to stay calm and figure things out. He is a fantastic Dad.
I will admit, I laughed pretty hard. It was funny to see. By the time I got home Brad had the little scissors waiting for me to just "do the job" and cut her hair. I wasn't about to leave my sweet 3 year old with a hole of missing hair atop her head so I laughed a little more. Hugged her. Appreciated B-rad. And then got some tweazers and started removing one strand of hair at a time and then I'd stop and just be stumped and think I really should cut this because it isn't going anywhere, but then it finally did go somewhere...like out!

And now, aside from a wad of loose hairs that fell out after the comb came out, our beautiful Bluebird is back "comb free". And if you ask her about it she'll say, "I was just trying to look like a princess and curl my hair. I will never do that again." We asked her where she did this and she showed us over behind the curtain on the stair window. Apparently this is her thinking place and a place she gets herself looking like a princess.
So, the next day we dressed her up as a pirate!
6 comments:
What a relief you got the comb out without cutting her pretty hair! Last year C and J were at a friend's house and her two little girls decided to cut their own hair. at the bangs. right at the scalp. She gave them little boy hair cuts...it was traumatic for Mom!
So glad you got it out. Megan chopped her own bangs last year and it can turn out so much worse.
I am so glad you took pictures. That must have been crazy but these are the posts I love to see. Thank heaven it came out and no hair had to be cut!!!
Wow, you are patient. I would have just cut it out! Of course that easy for me to say...with boys.
Been there done that. I was laughing so hard reading this. My kids were so confused as to what was so funny. I'm so glad you didn't have to cute her beautiful hair. Brad is such a good patient husband.
What a good daddy. I'm not sure what my hubby would have done but I can garauntee he's have been grouchy when I got home!
Post a Comment