Thursday, November 11, 2010

You're 1.


You melt our hearts.
Your dimpled grin.
Your sparkling hazzle eyes.
Your blonde blonde hair.
Your black eyes, bruised head, scratched nose.
Your little "proud" stand.
You LOVE your sister.
You let us cuddle you and rock you to sleep.
You love trucks.
You are so easy going.
You eat like a champ.
You bring a smile to everyone's face.
You stole our hearts.
You are one.

Good morning birthday boy!

We had a little dinner and cake fest for his birthday last night.
I made him a super yummy banana cake.
Guess he liked it:)
I wanted to try and represent his first year with the cake and I thought of lots of things but just kept coming back to smiles. He has such a big happy perfect grin and I wanted that to be his 1 year old cake.
Nature vs. Nurture. Seriously, I could've lined up a thousand trucks and Chloe could've cared less but this kids loves them. he really really loves to push trucks and cars around the house. If trucks and cars aren't available he'll push a pan lid around. He got so many fun trucks and cars for his birthday and Grandma packed a little wagon! in her suitcase. He was a lucky little boy. Thanks everyone.
Are you kidding me? Look at that face!
Just another cake picture. I was so so so "strict" about what Chloe ate. By the time she was one she had never eaten sweets and she'd eat every vegetable out there and all foods. When she turned 2 she decided that she would be picky...so, with Ezra I am still vigilent with the veggies at every meal and hearty nurtious selections, however, this kids gets the treats and stuff and life is just so much easier and happier and I know he isn't going to die and he will still grow and be the way he is going to be.
We love this little guy more than words can say. I thank my Heavenly Father every single day for every moment we have with this little man. Happy Happy Birthday EZ

9 comments:

6deans said...

Happy birthday Ezra. Such a cute post. Mom told me our present didn't arrive today...well I hope it comes tomorrow since I paid extra to get it there quickly. We love you Ezra. So sad we had to miss your 1st birthday but want you to know we are thinking about you today. Tell your mom, dad and Chloe to give you some extra hugs from us. xoxoxo

Brimaca said...

Love the poem. Sweet, sweet, lucky boy to have you guys as his family.

BRAD and LEAH said...

SO CUTE!!! I love that little guy! He is so darling! Hope you guys had a great day!! Happy Birtthday Ez, we love you!

Unknown said...

I can't believe he's already one! He is one gorgeous boy...Happy Birthday, Ezra!

aimee said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EZ! I can't believe he is one. He is so cute---can't wait to see you guys soon.

jen said...

Happy birthday Ezra!

Sarah said...

One already? I still can't figure out who he looks like. Not Chloe. It doesn't matter cuz he's dang cute.

Courtney said...

Happy Birthday Ezra! So cute! hope you guys had a great day.

The Olsen Clan said...

Wait a minute. I must be in complete denial because it could not POSSIBLY have been one full year since his birth. Is this trickery?
Happy Birthday Ezra!