Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas time

The first snow. Doesn't matter how cold it is. Doesn't matter how dark it is. We played in the snow and caught snowflakes on our tongue. The other day she ate ice off of the car.
On a side note: I was looking at her the other day and noticed she had bangs. I asked her, "did you cut your hair?" And she says, "oh, yeah, this part." Like no big deal mom. She actually did quite a fine job and she has some nice trendy side bangs. Good thing it wasn't Ezra's hair or the top of her head. I made her repeat to me: 'I will never cut my hair with scissors again.'
This is the house that we drive by for fun. Really. Rumor has it a guy used to live across the street who did the same thing and then he moved. I saw that these plastic guys sale for 34 bucks at the store.
Same house. Just the side. They are packed in about 4 or 5 deep. There is another house by us that has the same amount of teddy bears. The big question is where is he storing these things. It doesn't matter because it brings a little Christmas Joy to me everytime we pass by.
She loves to "decorate and undecorate" the tree. We had to "edit" our tree this year because of the wanderings of cute EZ. So try putting pipecleaners in circles of various sizes. They look really cute and colorful on your tree and your preschooler will have fun removing them and putting them in different spots. We also cut circles out of colorful construction paper for a little something extra.
I have 3 of my 5 homemade gifts done.
we have been receiving packages in the mail!
We have watched "Santa Comes to town" 5 or 6 times and Grinch about the same.
I love Christmas time.

5 comments:

Nick and Jesse Coleman said...

That's so funny that she all of a sudden had bangs, and you just happened to notice! That must mean they looked pretty good! I also wonder where that guys stores all those Santas?

Tiffany said...

Love Christmas! and that house is amazing!

Amanda and Miles said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda and Miles said...

wow, I wonder what their electric bill runs! So fun though

6deans said...

That house is amazing...I can only imagine how outrageous their electric bill is. I love the pic of Chloe catching snowflakes...ahhhh those simple things are really what life is all about. Maybe one day we can quite playing phone tag and actually talk reality TV =) Hope you guys have a great weekend. Love ya!