Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Tonsils

The day came and here we are waiting for the surgery to start. They gave her a personal DVD player to keep her entertained.
This bandage was a highlight. The saddest part was going from this cute bandage to the boring brown bandage they gave her when they took her IV out. That really made her cry.
It was a successful surgery and recovery. We're 3 weeks done and she's totally back to normal.
Today, Chloe came into my room and said,
"How much do glasses cost."
"Glasses are expensive. Like 100-200 dollars." (I knew where this was headed)
"What do you want glasses for?" I asked her.
"I know Daddy really needs a pair but their expensive and so I want to give him my money from my piggy bank." She produces her piggy bank from behind her back.
Insert melting heart and big hugs and 1 hour of counting quarters and other change.
"I have 22 dollars" (in quarters, we didn't count the other stuff)
"Maybe I'll give dad this many (3 dollars) and I'll keep this for if I go to the store and want to buy something"
Later that day,
"What's that jar up there mom?"
"That's our Disneyland jar." (or just the jar to put loose pennies I find everywhere)
"Can I go get my piggy bank and we can count my money again and I'll put some money in there!"

4 comments:

6deans said...

Sweet, Sweet Chloe. I am so glad she is feeling better. Wish we could have been there to bring her a slurpee or milkshake. You are such a great mom. Love ya

Brimaca said...

What a sweetie.

Sarah said...

Her hair looks really blonde. It must be the summer sun working its magic. Glad everything went well for her.

The Haas Family said...

What a trooper! We went to Liberty Jail a few weeks ago and I thought of you! Hope all is well.