Friday, November 14, 2008

This is why you don't leave your keys in your car...

So, sometimes I leave my keys in my car. Think and say what you will, but I think my $45 lesson is enough for me to not do it again. Today, I left my keys in the car as I went to exercise group. We had a great run and I was ready to get home and get showered so I could make it to book club (previously mentioned last night). I find that although I have left my keys hidden in the car a dozen times I didn't anticipate the dog and his amazing abilities. Apparantly he stepped on the automatic lock and that is how this whole mess happened. I had several people try and help. One man even stood in front of the car and tried to make Starsky real mad so he would step on the lock button again. An on looker said, "that was probably 1 in a million shot that he did it the first time so I bet he won't do it for you again. He was right. Curse him. Eventually I had to call a locksmith. The only time i got really frustrated in this 1.5 hours was when the triple A lady kept transferring me back and forth between offices and personnel and she kept saying my name was mare-A-knee (that's how she pronounced it) The frustration came to the surface when I kindof too loudly said, "my name is Melanie...it's a normal name, not Mare-a-knee. Then I had to spell it for her and she understood!! So I paid 45 dollars to the nice locksmith man who kept laughing at me as he first said, "lots of peoples dogs lock their cars and boy you must be cold". You think. I had been standing outside for about and hour and had the sweaty afterrun feeling. Chloe and I did get some good "choo-choo" in on the curb and she walked round and round the flower garden. I missed bookclub (sad face) but made it just in time for another appointment I had at 1130.
And an apology...I tend to lose things. I always, always forget my phone or don't answer it because it's on silent, I often forget silly things on vacation like a brush or toothpaste. I am usually the mom without a dipaer when I need it but always have it when I don't need it. Chloe takes everyone elses snacks. Chloe likes to use markers and pens so they are all over our house. I only vaccum occassionally because our vaccum stinks, literally. But all in all, I'm a good friend, I always do what I say I am going to do, and I would get your back whenever you need me. (smiles)

12 comments:

Nick and Jesse Coleman said...

Sorry, Melanie--that is frustrating. I'm glad you eventually got into your car again :) And "Mar-a-knee"??? Seriously, who would be named that?

Brimaca said...

Your friend comments are true. You are a great friend. I hate locking my keys in my car. I especially hate when I have to tell Caleb. He's gets frustrated sometimes by my forgetfulness.

Maren said...

Ahh, that is no fun!! So we both missed book club (syd was sick), maybe we will have to discuss it sometime because I really wanted to talk to someone about it.

Nashelle said...

Ah, so that's why you and Chloe were still at the TCC this morning!! What a frustrating situation...sorry to hear that one of those near impossible events happened to you. What luck!

Nathan and Annie Miller said...

I saw you outside this morning! I'm sorry! Darn dogs...I guess I'll stick to kids for now! If I leave one of them in the car I bet I'll get a ticket before I get locked out! :)

Jenny said...

Poor Mel. I felt so bad leaving exercise group knowing that you couldn't.

6deans said...

Ah Mel...I thought you were the smart Nelson Child. Who would have thought you would lock your keys in your car...that is such a pain when stuff like that happens. I CANNOT believe your tooth drama...what a BITE (literally)!!! EM

jayne said...

We missed you at book club. I'm sooooo sorry your dog locked you out of your car! We'll have to discuss this book next time along with Rebecca because it is a pretty good discussion.

Marianne and Matt said...

WOW what an EVENT that must of been. I am also sooo sorry about your tooth. That has to be so frusturating to have it keep breaking. I just keep thinking about what a pain that must be to have to bother Brad to babysit, or find a babysitter and spend so much time at a place that is SO not fun!! I sure hope this time will be the last for you!

Mandy, The Mother of All Chaos said...

Ok- to make you maybe feel better- the EXACT same thing happened to me! I leave my keys in all the time too---and didn't learn, still do ;)---and at Blockbuster in a ND January day I left my car running and my dog locked my car! He leaned on the drivers window the whole time staring at me, and we tried like heck to get him to do it again! ha! HUGS

jen said...

We are the same kind of mommies! I am that mommy too. I miss you. I love how you can just make like happy no matter where you are. I was thinking if I moved out there I would really miss my family and friends and I'm sure you do but you just seem so content either way. Good for you. Love you Mel.

Danielle said...

You are a good friend Mel! And, I'm laughing because it sounds like something that we would have done on the mish. And on that note, I just had a flash back...you, Deggie, backing up with out her watching and a ditch! ;) Okay now I'm practically crying. Oh, good times!