Today is our last official day living in Kirksville, MO. We will miss this little town. We have thoroughly enjoyed our experience here and the people we have met. I will miss being able to walk everywhere, having a built in exercise group everyday of the week, free swimming (though ironically the whole month of June was rainy so we only got to go swimming 3 times. We managed to squeeze one more swim time in the day we packed all our stuff in the truck), the library with the kids section complete with train and stuffed horses, the many parks enabling us to choose a "different park mama" if Chloe so pleases, Kirksville 1st ward, the Taco Bell (this one has THE best Nacho Supreme and Big Taste Taco's-our usual), SAA, all the free stuff around town, and more.

This is random, but this is my lamp I took from shabby to lovely in minutes. Finished product.

We are the proud owners of a scooter. I posted on this website here that we were looking for a scooter and Wala...we had two scooter offers within the hour and we had bought this bad boy within the week. Brad loves it and grandma's, don't worry, Chloe doesn't ride it-that often.

And...my Brad. He's officially done with 2nd year of med school. Close those books and turn off the desk lamp, Brad. It's time for him to get out in to the "real medical world" and start doing his "thang!" I am SOOOOO proud of him. He had a successful two years and I just can't say enough about how impressed I am with him. Love that guy.

Oh, and P.S. In the past week I found a tick on my (whisper) bumb, then Brad found one on himself, and then we found one on Chloe the next day. I found another one on myself (another B unmentionable body part)and I am DONE with ticks and ants.
So, we're moving. Glad Chloe said to me..."mama new friends...new friends and new mommies!" We are all very excited to get the show on the road.
8 comments:
so sad. You guys are going to be missed. Good Luck! I would come say goodbye, but I'm out of town.
Good luck! I already miss everyone and I haven't even left. Hurray, we made it. And don't forget to hollar if you are in the st. louis neighborhood!
New adventures are always kind of scary, but exciting and fun. Good luck! And, the ticks? How awful! Especially where they ended up...kind of funny, but horrible! :)
Good luck! I already miss you no matter where you live. :) Unless of course you move to here for some strange reason.
I went swimming laps the morning. It was so fun. Too bad we don't live by each other we now like to do the same exercises!
Man-you summed up my feelings exactly. I hope you guys enjoy your new house/city/life!! :) We will miss you. I was really hoping for more pool time too. Keep in touch ok!?
I'm just glad that you are only moving 4 hours away. Can anyone say road trip? :) I hope there ARE many new friends and new mommies for you to play with.
Oh Mel...you make friends so easy...the mommies there don't know what an awesome person is coming. I can't believe it has already been 2 years. Can't wait to hear how your move went. Love ya :)
I can totally relate to all of the nice fun free stuff around town that makes life bearable when your husband is a student and you have toddlers at home!! I'm sure where you are moving will be just as wonderful though. Good luck with the move!
Post a Comment