This past Friday Brad told me to pack a lunch cause we were going on an "illinois adventure" and that we did. We drove to this place about one hour from us called Starved Rock State Park and this is what we found.

Lots and lots of trees and lots of stairs. (we kind of look green in this photo)

We did about a 3 mile loop and this was one of our destinations.

Of course Chloe wanted to walk most of the way. Brad was a champ and took the backpack for her to ride but we knew better. She would've wanted to ride if we didn't have the pack though so glad we were prepared.

Ahhh...the fam. And yes, I am sporting my gangsta shorts. Still hestitant to buy much maternity so I am wearing Brad's shorts from when he was "fat".

So, we have been reading lots and lots of new books from the library so Chloe can win this pretty awesome summer reading library prize. Well one of the books was written by Watty Piper and since Chloe wants me to read all the pages of the book I happened to mention that this book was by Watty Piper. For some reason it just stuck and randomly she will shout on Watty Piper in this funny fast voice. It's cute. Try saying it. Also, when we were telling her to smile for the picture I told her to say "whisky" instead of "cheese" and well that kindof stuck as well. Needless to say, we are encouraging on the cute phrases and the other we are hoping she forgets!
9 comments:
What a sweet girl. She already looks a little older. Crazy!
I can't believe how big Chloe is looking in these pictures! I bet she is so excited to be a big sister. You've been on my sidebar for quite awhile now, so I'm glad to be on yours! Blogs are such a fun way to keep in touch. :)
That place looks so pretty. It's fun exploring new places. That was a cute storry about Watty Piper....I guess we will have to check that book out too!
I heard about this place, so we camped and explored there last summer for a few days! It is beautiful and you would never know it was there if you were just driving by. Looks like life in Illinois is treating you well!
What a great place! I love the waterfall! You guys look great- and you're belly is so cute!
That hike looks really fun. I can't imagine how gorgeous Chloe will be in a few years cuz she's already just too darn cute.
hi mel! this is tamara (signed in as todd). i just wanted to say hi:) i miss seeing you around:) you look so cute and it looks like you are having fun. we'll have to keep in touch through blogging:)
You are looking cute and pg of course. And I can totally hear chloe saying Watty Piper in her little voice. Ah, i miss you guys.
What a fun, fun day...cute pictures. That place looks absolutely gorgeous. BTW I love your gansta shorts :)
Post a Comment