Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Lola Belle Chambers

The day started with this classic shot, those are monitors under Mel's gown, not alien feet.  Below is our little chunk.  Her face is a bit bruised as it was a lot of work for the doctors to her out.  First we saw the big cheeks and everyone said this baby is big! then they wiggled her out to the waist and she was stuck there for about 10 seconds and we were all waiting for the moment of truth..and then out she came.  Later in the day Chloe asked me how we know that it is a girl now?  That led to a puzzled look from me and ended with me saying "she doesn't have a weenie like Ezra." That seemed to satisfy her but I am wondering if I just failed as a dad.
 Isn't she perfect?  9lbs 1oz is the biggest of the 3, born at 8:19am.  She is eating well and is very content to be bundled up tight and held.  She looks a lot like what we remember Chloe looking like as a new born and will have to post some pictures for comparison.

 These two sure are proud of their little sister.  Chloe yelled with excitement when we called her this morning to tell her that it was a girl.  I don't think it set in until I said, you have a new little sister.  She is so happy and can't wait to start playing with her.
We are so happy she is here and healthy.  Mel is doing great, loving not being pregnant anymore and having Lola to hold.  We can't believe that we have 3 kids now and are so grateful for the new addition.  More pictures to come in the next few days.

15 comments:

Elsie said...

Congratulations Chambers Family! Lola is beautiful!

Mindy said...

Congratulations you guys! She is gorgeous. Ezra and Chloe look so proud! Love you guys.

aimee said...

She is beautiful! I wish I could hold her---newborns are amazing. I hope your doing well and feeling good. Enjoy that new precious baby.

6deans said...

Congrats. So exciting. I can't wait to see more pics. Such a cute picture of the 3 kids...wait that's crazy I said you now have 3 kids. Woot, woot :)xoxo

Pattie said...

Congratulations chambers family thanks for updating your blog.. i read it all the time..

SewSara said...

a girl - yay! congratulations to all of you. Love her name and she is BEAUTIFUL! way to go, Mel! xoxo

Maren said...

Congratulations chambers family! So glad things are well. she is so precious! Hugs!

The Shermans said...

Hooray!!! So fun!! Makes me not want to wait any longer for mine. Ha Ha! 11 more weeks and counting....

Anonymous said...

Yay!!!!!!!! Congratulations! Lola is such a beautiful name. That is so fun to be surprized too. I am so excited for you guys!

Nick and Jesse Coleman said...

Congratulations on another sweet baby! She is gorgeous! And, Brad, I love the weenie comment :)

Melissa said...

YAY! Congratulations Chambers family!

Brimaca said...

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!WWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Love her name,goes with Chole Blue so well! :)

Sarah said...

Glad she is here!! Congrats a thousand times over! Mel, you are awesome. She does look like Chloe--who happens to be one of the cutest girls on the planet, so Lola is, too. Love her name and your explanation to Chloe, Brad.

The Haas Family said...

Congratulations! So happy for you!

Danika said...

So fun! Congrats!