Friday, March 23, 2012

5.

She turned 5 yesterday. But we celebrated all week!!
When she wakes up in the morning she comes in and lays next to me. This morning we talked about the morning she was born and what I was thinking and especially what I thought of her. How we loved her from the first second...but we had already loved her from the moment we found out of her miraculous presence in my tummy at 8 weeks. I told her how I went in the hospital early in the morning and didn't have her till late at night. They had to cut my tummy open and lift her out and give her to us like a present. I told her we cried. And sometimes when I look at her or think about her or imagine what's to come for her I cry a little, too.



 Here is the garden cake. When we were talking about her cake she was sitting in the chair just kind of looking at me and then she says..."are you forgetting who's birthday this is...i thought we got to choose our own cake." Oh man, i laughed. So then she gets a piece of paper and draws the exact same cake we were talking about. So funny.
 The party. I am definitely a more the merrier kind of planner. So we had many friends. It was really fun. There are 2 cute little boys missing from this photo. I love the energy of 5 year olds. When we moved here Chloe was so excited about all the kids in her primary class. We are so lucky to have all these kids so close in age for her to play with.
 Perfect weather for outdoor games. The next day it poured rain.
 Cake for all.
But back to Chloe...She always asks me, "will I always be your little girl?" yes, my sweet girl, you will always be my little girl even if you are 5 now!!

5 comments:

Brimaca said...

I love the cake. I remember what a precious little baby she was. How can this little blonde beauty be that same kid! :) I'm in shock that our babies are growing so fast.

Danika said...

I can't believe our kids are getting this old! She looks so big! I always imagine her how she looked when we all moved from Kirksville.

BRAD and LEAH said...

So cute!! It looks like you guys had such a fun day/week! Wish we could have been there, hopefully we can come out once I graduate :) Love you guys!!

6deans said...

CUTE, CUTE pictures. Love the cake...super creative. Looks like Chloe had a great birthday. March birthdays are the best :)

Mindy said...

Happy Birthday Miss Blue! Looks like it was a fun party. Can't believe she's 5! Can't wait to come visit you guys again.