Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A Blessing and our first day

This morning Ez was standing by me while I changed the babe and she squirt (#1 and #2 thanks!) all over the place. I looked down at EZ as he said, "what's on my face, mom? (it was some #2) It started our first day alone with laughter. My parents had to go back home. We already miss them. It's been a pretty good day, though. We went for a walk in the glorious sunshine and painted rocks on the back porch. Ezra woke up asking for "grandpa" which he lovingly called both of his grandparents the whole time they were here. It was too cute. What would we have done without my parents:
They did countless loads of laundry.
Loved the kids. Took them on outing after outing.
Made meals.
Cleaned.
Waited on me hand and foot.
Let me sleep. Oh, glorious sleep.
Played games. We love playing games and love it more when people come and play with us.
Took the kids on a vacation to Nauvoo.
Made me a birthday cake.
Took us out to eat. I love going out to eat.
Had great conversation.
Loved grandbaby number 18 all day long.
And more...
Has it already been 3 weeks?
I will do another post of the "grandparents fun" later.
Little Lola was blessed in church last Sunday. We're really glad we were able to do it with my parents in town and our friends from Bloomington were able to join us. It's such a special day when your baby is blessed. 
 The dad who did a great job.
 The star in her special dress. This dress was worn by my mom's mom. My mom figures the dress is atleast 100 years old. Chloe was blessed in it, also.
 The Chambers girls.
 The star again.
 Our friends. I love this pictures of us and all the kids. What a fun time of life.
 Our little family of 5...5!!
 My sweet parents.
 She is finally waking up after 2 1/2 weeks of total 24 hours a day sleep.
 Every celebration needs a cake.

7 comments:

Mindy said...

So stinkin cute! Congratulations again guys. Loved the story with EZ, laughed out loud.

6deans said...

Holy smacks look at how long your hair is...those prenatal vitamins must be magic :) Fun, fun pics of the blessing day. We were so sad we had to miss it :( I am glad you had mom and dad there to help you for 3 weeks!

Unknown said...

She's such a beautiful little one! How wonderful to have your parents come and help out.

Amanda and Miles said...

What a cutie! Congratulations!!

Kendra H said...

Love your sweet baby pictures! I am so glad we got to come up to see you and hold that baby:) Your photos are gorgeous.

Emily said...

What a daring family, and its amazing to see that your parents look the same as they did when I was younger! They don't age! :)

Brimaca said...

I kinda wish she had made it one more day so we'd share a birthday! :) She's so pretty. I want to smooch those cheeks!