When I back packed through Europe we were open to any and all suggestions and really didn't have a "plan" once we got there. Train ride after train ride and one hostel stay after another, led us to this gorgeous Italian experience. Cinque Terre, Italy. 5 little villages connected by train or an old walking path. My heart wants to travel.
This is one of my all time favorite paintings. I had a large framed print of this until after about the 4th move it broke. I saw the real version in Paris at the Musee D'Orsay. It was right after I ran into these ladies that knew my grandma in St. George, utah. They took a picture of me standing by this painting and promised to show my grandma. They did. But all they showed her was a photo of this painting and my right shoulder.The Boxer. I've always been drawn to this statue. Probably because it speaks to the will of the human spirit. This boxer is totally defeated (if you look close you can see he's really had it) but he still looks up and is not "defeated".
And today when I was at the gym, the worker who I've smiled at for a year now stopped and asked me if i'd like some suggestions on weight training. yes, please! He told me that if I was athletic (which I seemed to be) that I should be able to do some pull ups. So that's my goal folks. Pull up by November. And not the pull-ups for Ez, though that would be nice. I'm talking about the good ole' GI Jane pull ups that make others in the gym go "seriously wish I could do one of those."




2 comments:
That's a beautiful place! Good luck on the pull ups
Love the post! My heart wants to travel too. I would add the statue of the Christus in Copenhagen, Denmark and any Michelangelo statue to the list.
Post a Comment