Today is my second day as a mom of 2 and no one else around. Brad went back to work. My parents got on the "big plane and went to Utah" and I woke up Monday to the task of parenting these 2 sweet angels. It has been terrific and I have managed to survive. It was absolutely wonderful having my parents with us for 16 days. 16 wonderful days! My dad fixed everything from plumbing stuff to hanging hooks and pictures to making shelves and finding materials to make me some garden boxes for the summer. He just quietly went about his projects and it was a true treat to have him come along. I love this picture.
And how could I do with out my cute mom. The amount of laundry she did...! She cooked delicious meals for us and treats that I wanted. She played with Chloe (although sometimes not getting much love in return from our spirited 2 year old) She supported me and loved holding that new grand baby of hers. It was fun at night to play games all together and then to end the week with a grand Thanksgiving.
We're starting her young. She ran in her first fun run race on Thanksgiving morning. She actually ran most of it and crossed the finish line to many many people cheering her on. It was so cute. Her rosy cheeks were beaming with a proud smile and she passed me and my dad waiting for her at the end.
8 comments:
Melanie- you look so great! What cute parents you have!
I adore your parents....and I've only met them once. Amazing people.
We want M to run a race too but they want 20 bucks at the next one. I don't think so!
You are such a sweet, positive person! My mom stayed for two weeks when I had my boys. I cried REALLY hard when she left:(
I bet you do miss them...but I am sure glad they are back home. Oh my heck how awesome do you look...way to go girl you are looking amazing. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks and hold that cute, cute baby.
Have fun with those sweet babies you cute mama!
Yea how is it being alone with two boys. I am still trying to adjust, but love my boys. Ezra is so cute. You have such a cute family!
Love all these pictures! You and your family are AMAZING people! I am sorry I have been a horrible friend, I've had a cold for a little while and now I have NO VOICE!! You are a beautiful person! I'd love to steal Chloe from you anytime, I'm just afraid I'd get her, then Ezra sick!! I hope you start feeling better soon! Please let me know if I can do anything for you!! Rachel woke up this morning at 6am too!! You could have called!!(This is suppose to be my child who loves to sleep in)!!! Please call anytime! Even if you just need me to grab you something at the store!! :)
Post a Comment