Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas in pictures

Making our annual Gingerbread house. I love that this year, the company decided we couldn't handle gluing the house together so they did it for us. You just lifted the whole thing out and decorated. Tonight, a week later, we are now eating the candy off while we play games. Love that part.
Chloe was out playing in the first show fall and she came in and said, "a big tree just fell down." Of course I just kept doing what I was doing. Later that night Brad came home and said, "did you see part of our big tree fell down". So, I'm glad Chloe wasn't near it. The next day I called the city to come clean it up. We're renters folks...who does the clean up when stuff happens!! So, anyway, the city came and told me that we had to clean the gigantic tree up. I think Brad was excited to use a chainsaw, but instead I charmed the guy into just cutting it down while he was there and he did!! They earned some rootbeers and cookies.
I like to coordinate our clothes when we can. I take after my cute sister.
And one night...out came this candy dish full of delicious surprises.
B-rad's homemade hot cocoa. The best!
So, this is our 3rd Christmas celebrating on our own away from extended family. We have kept up the bowling tradition so far. This year we invited our illinois family. I'm so glad everyone came. We will have to invite more next year!

This little one loves all thing momma. She loves to hold my hair and stand by my legs while I cook and stand up behind my back while i'm sitting down.
Our Christmas Eve program.
And some Christmas jammies, though our Elf Jingle brought them December 1st so we could enjoy them all season. He even got me a pair.
Christmas Eve movies or maybe this picture was another night of movies. I love all Christmas movies so we had several movie nights during the season.
It is just not possible to capture the excitement of Christmas morning on camera. But here I try. EZ got a Jake and the Neverland Pirates boat, a "real fast black car, and some space station toys among lots of spoils from grandparents, cousins, sisters, and parents.


Chloe got a new art board for her to do "school" on and school she has played every moment since.
And My B-rad.

5 comments:

Brimaca said...

I love all the pics! And the Conneticut post was amazing. I hate that I can't control their environment. It drives me crazy. I love what was said about all that. :)

BRAD and LEAH said...

So cute! I laughed so hard when I saw Brad carrying chloe on his back with a rope around his neck...cutest donkey ever :) I'm glad you guys had a great christmas, we sure missed you but it looks awesome!

milyrake said...

Looks like Christmas was fun at your house. So glad you went bowling with your Illinois Family....What a big group you had. We sure missed having you guys here. Love ya xoxo

milyrake said...

Oops I didn't know I was signed in as Mike :)

Mindy said...

Looks like you guys had a wonderful Christmas! We missed seeing you guys here, but it sounds like you are making your own traditions and the kids are loving it! Love EZ's concentration on making the gingerbread house.