Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A journey called life

We want to welcome little Ezra to the family! At 7:29 this morning our lives changed and his began. After all the anticipation, doctors visits and wondering what he would look like he is here and is perfect. There were lots of debating and guessing of the weight in the OR. Most of us guessed over. He came in at 7 lbs 9 oz and 19 inches long.
He seems pretty mellow during these first few hours, but somehow I am thinking that will change once we get him home from the hospital.
Here is the whole family, everyone is so happy to have him here finally. I think Mel is the happiest. She did a great job throughout the pregnancy and it is great to see her with him.
How fast we forgot that Chloe was no longer "little". She is a very proud sister and wants to be next to "baby Ezra" as much as she can. She will be a good helper to have around and to set an example for her brother.
There will be more pictures to come. I am not quite as talented as Melanie at these posts but wanted to get some pictures out there for everyone to see. My favorite part of him being here is to see how happy Mel is holding the little guy.

23 comments:

aimee said...

He is beautiful. Wow what an angel. I've been thinking about you guys all day. Congrats Chambers family, what a precious gift. Please tell mel I'll call her soon.

Nick and Jesse Coleman said...

He is perfect! Welcome to the family, Ezra! I'm showing Kenley the pictures and she goes, "Oooooh, a little baby! He's so cute!" and she got even more excited when I told her that the little baby was her cousin :)

Courtney said...

He is so Perfect! Congratulations! We love the pictures

Tiffany said...

I'm so happy for you guys! He is so sweet. I wish I was there to meet him! Congrats!

Jake and Tiff said...

Congratulations, Brad and Mel!! He is beautiful. Good job, Melanie! We can't wait to meet Ezra.

K.E.N said...

Hurrah! Hurrah! Hurrah for Ezra! Congrats! He is beautiful.

Nashelle said...

Congratulations! He's perfect!

jen said...

So I haven't been reading blogs lately and I didn't know you had a scheduled c-section all planned. This morning, I kept feeling like I should call you, so I did! You had just been on my mind and so I followed the little voice and left you a message probably 2 hours after you had Ezra! Wow. I am so happy for you and excited for you too! Call me when you feel up to it. Love you Belle!

Sarah said...

You sure do know how to make cute babies. Wow. I'm so happy for you guys. Congrats!

Pattie said...

congrats..Jeremy birthday is today..so they share a birthday...miss our neighbors

The Haas Family said...

Yeah! Congratulations!He's darling!

Danika said...

Congrats! I've been thinking about you guys today! He's way cute, I think he looks like Chloe :)

Nathan and Annie Miller said...

Congratulations! He is adorable and I hope he is a good baby for you.

Jaime said...

He is so so cute!!!! I love the name! You all look so happy, congrats!! ;)

Janae Squires said...

CONGRATS!!! We are so happy for you guys and that all is going well!!! He is so cute!!! We love you guys!!! Hooray!

April Henderson said...

Congrats! He is so big and cute. Jordie says to tell Chloe Hello, and keeps saying, that's Chloe's baby. :) Congrats. Love the Hendersons

Ian and Tamra said...

What a handsome boy! I am a little teary thinking of how special our little ones are, and how amazingly lucky and blessed we are to have the ones we do! Way to go!

Maren said...

so precious! I'm so happy for you guys and I'm glad things went well. good luck with everything and congrats!

Megan said...

Congratulations! Love his name and he looks so sweet!

Brooke said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so excited! What a cute little boy and I love the name. I'm glad you are both feeling well. Good luck with the adjustment to 2 kiddies!

Danielle said...

Wow, what a cutie. You are feeding my baby hunger!!! :)
Wish I could hold and love on him. Chloe is such a cutie- what a good big sis she'll be. Congrats Mel and Brad. Good job you two.

6deans said...

Super Cute! Brad is a good little blogger...we need more pics(:

Alison said...

Congratulations you guys! He is absolutely gorgeous! You have a beautiful family!!
~ Alison Packer